As the winter sweeps across the Himalayan slopes, most of the trails are closed for the winter, leaving us with a long wait before we can get to witness the magical mountains. But as it is with Himalaya it never lets anyone down, even when the most of the high-altitude treks will be closed for the winter, some of the treks remain accessible even in the dead of winter, and they are better Trek, the mythical lake of Kumaon region.visited in winter only, to witness the true magic of these places. And one of such treks is Brahmatal
- One of the Top Winter treks in Uttarakhand
- Thrilling views of Mount Trishul and Nandagunti peak
- Best Beginners Trek and suitable for family
- Brahma Tal Altitude : : 3734 m / 12,250 feet
- Lohajung Base Camp Altitude : 2316 m / 7600 ft
- Bekal Tal Altitude : 3012 m / 9882 ft
- Trek Grade : Easy (Subjective to Individual)
- Best time to visit : Throughout the year
- Duration : 5 nights - 6 days
- Trek Distance : 24 Kilometres
- Summer Temp : Day 5 deg c to 16 deg c / Night 2 deg c to 5 deg c
- Winter Temp : Day -2 deg c to - 5 deg c / Night -5 deg c to - 10 deg c
Why to choose?
As a Himalayan lover it is necessary to understand the reason for choosing Brahma Tal Trek.
- It is one of High-altitude lakes of Uttarakhand Himalaya, doable through the year
- Total trekking distance of 24 kms, which is relaxed and suitable for beginners.
- Fabulous views of Himalayan peaks Mt. Nandagunti, Mt. Trishul and Himalayan ranges
- During the winter the whole region transforms into a fairy land is covered with snow and Rhodendron flower blooms .
- Acclimatization and height gain to suit to everyone's requirement, and weather conditions
Trip Cost Includes
- Food : During Stay and Snacks during Evening Refreshments only
- Travel : Tempo Traveler/SUV Similar Non/Ac/Bus
- Accommodation : Basic Multiple sharing or dormitory/Tent.
- Group Size : Group size 12 and Above.
Trip Cost Excludes
- Any trip extensions, Stay due to road blocks or landslides, extra meals, Accommodation
What to Expect?
A trip graded as a Moderate takes you to high altitude regions - above 3000m / 10,0000 ft and will involve considerable altitude gain 800 ft - 1200ft over the course of the trek. Altitude will have an effect, hence one would need to be careful about Acclimatization. The guide will educate about acclimitization procdure.Moderate treks will have multiple days which involve considerable amount of ascents and descents and would require walking for more than 5 - 6 hours.
There might be a day or two of camping in relatively high altitudes above 4000m / 13,000ft. A typical trek will last around a week to ten days depending on the region and is fro those who have exposure to Himalayan treks, for people who have completed a beginner trek.
Good fitness levels are needed to enjoy these trips.Preparation of your body by doing some fitness actitivies before the trip would help. Prior trekking experience would be an added advantage.