People often go on sightseeing tours and pilgrimages during holidays. They wish to spend a relaxing time sitting on a beach or spend a few hours at a religious centre praying for mental peace. How often have we heard of people going to a destination which is rewarding to their souls? A destination that is appealing to the passion and adrenaline of a person and helps to bring forth a sense of satisfaction.
- Best Beginners and Family Trek to Opt for
- Amazing Winter trek with mindblowing views and unmatched beauty
- Enticing Vast grasslands, mountain views, pine forests, Rhododendron forest, deep valleys and jaw dropping views of great Himalayas.
- Best expereince all-round the year
- Affordable, Safe and memorable Trek
- Base Camp : Sankri
- Sankri Altitude : 6299 feet
- Juda Ka Talab Altitude : 8858 feet
- Kedarkantha Summit Altitude : 12470 feet
- Hargaon Thatch Altitude : 8678 feet
- Duration : 5 nights - 6 days
- Overall Distance : 454 Kilometres – 420 Kilometres by vehicle and 34 Kilometres by trek.
- Trek Grade : Easy (Subjective to Individual)
- Best time to visit : Throughout the year
Why to choose?
Even though multiple trekking trails are available to choose from for Winter, it is essential to understand the very reason to opt for Kedarkantha Winter Trek is..
- The Maximum Altitude gain is 3880 m/ 12470 ft only and the trek distance of 20 km covered in 5 days.
- A Moderate trek is recommended for first timers with minimum fitness , can do with gradual acclimatization and with no fear of Altitude sickness. The trail gives sublime Panoramic views with oak, Rhododendron , and pine tree forest.
No fixed camps, as we follow leave no trace policy
- The trail is moderate with Moraine and good for beginners too.
- During winter, this valley transforms into wonderland and will be covered with white sheet of snow. In summer it changes into different hues, with Kaleidoscope of colors, wildflowers and woods in different shades
- Kedarkantha is suitable for Individuals , family and for those who seek adventure.
Trip Cost Includes
- Food : During Stay and Snacks during Evening Refreshments only
- Travel : Tempo Traveler/SUV Similar Non/Ac/Bus
- Accommodation : Basic Multiple sharing or dormitory/Tent.
- Group Size : Group size 12 and Above.
Trip Cost Excludes
- Any trip extensions, Stay due to road blocks or landslides, extra meals, Accommodation
What to Expect?
A trip graded as a Moderate takes you to high altitude regions - above 3000m / 10,0000 ft and will involve considerable altitude gain 800 ft - 1200ft over the course of the trek. Altitude will have an effect, hence one would need to be careful about Acclimatization. The guide will educate about acclimitization procdure.Moderate treks will have multiple days which involve considerable amount of ascents and descents and would require walking for more than 5 - 6 hours.
There might be a day or two of camping in relatively high altitudes above 4000m / 13,000ft. A typical trek will last around a week to ten days depending on the region and is fro those who have exposure to Himalayan treks, for people who have completed a beginner trek.
Good fitness levels are needed to enjoy these trips.Preparation of your body by doing some fitness actitivies before the trip would help. Prior trekking experience would be an added advantage.