Namdapha National Park is a biodiversity hotspot that has also been declared part of the Project Tiger. Yet, this barely describes what you are going to experience during this trek. Located on the eastern tip of Arunachal Pradesh, Namdapha is one of the remotest and most inaccessible national parks in the country. It is a dense rainforest that hides thousands of species of flora and fauna in its dark interiors and it will be unlike anything you have seen in other parts of India. It is also one of the largest national parks in terms of area while the elevation varies wildly between 300 meters to 4500 meters. So, as you hike through it, you witness changing vegetation and landscapes.
- Grade of Trek : Moderate to Hard. Previous trek experience will be helpful and an added advantage. Difficulty of trek is subjective.
- Distance from Dibrugarh :145 Kms
- Total trek distance : 60 Kms
- Stay :Tent
- Max height from sea level : 1800-2000 Mts
- Best time to visit : Between Dec to Feb
- Trek starting point : Deban
- Trek End point : Miao
- Time to trek : ~30-35 hours
- Local Transport : Car Transfers from Dibrugarh to Miao and Return
- Overall Trek distance : 46 kilometres
- Satopanth Tal Altitude: 14,455 ft
- Best time to visit : Between June to September
- Difficulty level : Moderate (It is Subjective)
Why to choose?
- Namdapha is one of the best kept secrets of the North East region of India
- Evergreen Rainforest with elevation variation 200m to 4571 m with views of grand Himalayas
- A biodiversity hotspot with with more than 1,000 floral, 425 bird species, 410 Butterfly species and about 1,400 faunal species.and 150 species of timber.
- The trail is moderate with Moraine and good for beginners too.
- Home to great diversity of Mammal species such a Clouded Leopard ( Neofelis Nebulosa ), Snow leopard ( Panthera uncia ), Tiger ( Panthera tigris ) and common Leopard ( Panthera pardus ), 5 species of Hornbills Great Pied Hornbill, Wreathed Hornbill,Oriental pied Hornbill , Rufous pied Hornbill and Brown Hornbill, Flying squirrels, Himalayan sapriyana , 7 species of Non Human primates Assamese macaques, Rhesus Macaques, stump tailed Macaques,slow loris, Hoolock gibbon . Asiatic Elephant and Capped Langurs, Orchids, Medicinal Plants and critically endangered species
Trip Cost Includes
- Inner line permit ILP for visiting Arunachal pradesh
- Stay in Tents
- Food - Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport from Dibrugarh Airport to Miao and back by non-AC vehicle.
- Forest department charges paid per person basis.
- Coordinator charges
- Basic 1st aid is available during the trek.
Trip Cost Excludes
- Flight tickets to and from Dibrugarh.
- Camera fees for the national park (fees vary as per the type of camera you have).
- Anything not mentioned in inclusion section is under exclusion.