Every Stone in Chitradurga is telling the Rise & Fall
and the heroic deeds of Nayaks.
Giant Stones, Boulders still stand as sentinels at Chandravalli …!
A folklore saying prevailing in Chitradurga, still reveals the history of bygone era and echos their valour in the nook and corners of 7 Circular hillfort till today. Monolithic rocks here beckon the adventurous and rock climbers.
One of the interesting phase of activity is negotiating a dark, very narrow passage facing rock known as passable passage, accessible from one end mouth of the cave, in one direction only . Here to gain exit and come out of the final, hole successfully to reach out the balcony. You have to negotiate the passage that involves tricky ascent in 2 stages.
A mindblowing panoramic view awaits you, at the hilltop. As you climb higher and higher on all 4 legs, you reach the summit. With no single soul around and the presence of Shivling carved inside the cave, on the rocky bed will make you thank almighty for safe climb and descent. The cool breeze makes you feel refresh and you will be greeted with amazing views of the Jogimatti reserve forest, Haddina Gundu, Ranganatha Swamy betta and series of other hillocks. rocky boulders, water bodies, ramparts of Chitradurga fort and Chandravalli down below.
- Chitradurga is one of the popular historical Hill fort of Karnataka.
- Davalappana Gudda is Impressive hillock and ideal for trekking and caving.
- Jogimatti is one of the top bio diversity Hotspots of Karnataka.
- Chandravalli is prehistoric monument with innumerable caves. Popularly known for Ankli caves.
- Grade of Trek : Moderate to Hard. Previous trek experience will be helpful and an added advantage. Difficulty of trek is subjective.
- Best Time to Visit : Post Monsoon (September to March)
- The skies will be clear with bright sunlight with cool breeze thus making your walk less tiring.
Trip Cost Includes
- Food : During Stay and Snacks during Evening Refreshments only
- Travel : Tempo Traveler/SUV Similar Non/Ac/Bus
- Accommodation : Basic Multiple sharing or dormitory/Tent.
- Group Size : Group size 12.
Trip Cost Excludes
- Food : During journey
- Toll Charges : Nice Road
- Any Charges : Monuments etc,
Pickup points :
Team members are requested to select and book tickets. Reach respective points or places enroute. However, make use of Namma Metro for hassle free travel.Our event leaders will assist you all times for any assistance.