There might not be any individual in India who has not heard about Western Ghats. The gorgeous assembly of mountain ranges, flora, fauna and magical misty beauty that gloriously resides in the Western Ghats of India might not have escaped the eyes and ears of holiday planners. The Western Ghats appear to be parallel to the western coast of the Indian peninsula and is a go-to destination during free weekends.
The Forest Department at Kudremukh has issued a notice where it has been decided to allow first 50 applicants for the trek each day in order to ensure the biodiversity and preserve the forest. If in case we don’t get the permission for the batch, an alternative trek to Kurinjal Peak shall be arranged by Summiters and there shall be no refunds on the bookings made for Kuduremukh Trek.
- Western Ghats is a UNESCO world Heritage site.
- Kudremukh is one of the most popular and scenic treks in Karnataka.
- It is one of the top bio diversity Hotspots.
- Peak resembles a Horse face and hence Name.
- Go rafting in the river Bhadra (Season: June to December).
- Grade of Trek : Moderate. Previous trek experience will be helpful and an added advantage. Difficulty of trek is subjective.
- Altitude : 6214 Feet ASL
- Trail Type : Canopy walk in evergreen shola forest and grasslands.
- Location : Kudremukh peak is located inside Kudremukh National Park in Chikmagalur district of Western Ghats of Karnataka.
- Trek Type : Weekend Trek in Western Ghats
Seasons & Best time to visit
- Monsoon - June to August : The best time to visit Netravati or any other peaks in the Western Ghats is during the monsoon season. Monsoon treks get challenging and exhilarating. The whole forests and mountain ranges just flourish with greenery with leeches for your company and you get to witness the beautiful misty landscapes.
- Post Monsoon - September to January: The skies can be covered with mist with play of passing clouds and can be clear with bright sunlight. Nights getting cold.
- Pre-Monsoon: The skies will be clear with hot sun; however, canopy walk and cool breeze will make your walk less tiring.
Trip Cost Includes
- Food : During Stay and Snacks during Evening Refreshments only
- Travel : Tempo Traveler/SUV Similar Non/Ac/Bus
- Accommodation : Basic Multiple sharing or dormitory/Tent.
- Group Size : Group size 12 and Above.
Trip Cost Excludes
- Food : During journey
- Toll Charges : Nice Road
- Any Charges : Monuments etc,
Pickup points :
Team members are requested to select and book tickets. Reach respective points or places enroute. However, make use of Namma Metro for hassle free travel.Our event leaders will assist you all times for any assistance.