Kumara Parvatha is also famously known as Pushpagiri and is (5624 feet above sea level and is 1712 metres). This is the second highest peak in the Western Ghats. This is situated in the Kodagu District of Karnataka after the Tadiandamol peak trek. Kumara Parvatha peak is tougher and challenging trek but if you have done trekking earlier and fit enough, you can do this trek.
A break from the stressful work life to find inner peace and regain mindfulness is important for the people dealing with metro life. Trekking can be one of the ways to rejuvenate yourself and find tranquil in nature’s beauty.
So, if you are planning a weekend trek from Bangalore, then here you go with an amazing Kumara Parvatha trek guide. This peak is one of the most beautiful peaks in the whole of Western Ghats.
The Forest Department at Kudremukh has issued a notice where it has been decided to allow first 50 applicants for the trek each day in order to ensure the biodiversity and preserve the forest. If in case we don’t get the permission for the batch, an alternative trek to Kurinjal Peak shall be arranged by Summiters and there shall be no refunds on the bookings made for Kuduremukh Trek.
- Kumara Parvatha is one of the toughest and the best treks in Western ghats of Karnataka.
- Western ghats is UNESCO world Heritage side.
- Expereince of Walking in grasslands, shoala and thick forest .
- Giri Gadde is known for fabulous views and sunset.
- Visit the temple of Subramanya – Serpeant god.
- Kumara Parvatha is origin of Kumaradhara river.
- Grade of Trek : Moderate to Hard. Previous trek experience will be helpful and an added advantage. Difficulty of trek is subjective.
- Altitude : 5624 Feet ASL
- Trail Type : Canopy walk in evergreen rainforest and grasslands.
- Trek Type : Weekend Trek in Western Ghats
Seasons & Best time to visit
- Monsoon - June to August :
The best time to visit kumara parvatha or any other peaks in the Western Ghats is during the monsoon season. Monsoon treks get challenging and exhilarating. The whole forests and mountain ranges just flourish with greenery with leeches for your company and you get to witness the beautiful misty landscapes.
- Post Monsoon - September to October: The skies can be covered with mist with play of passing clouds and can be clear with bright sunlight. Nights getting cold.
- Pre Monsoon: The skies will be clear with hot sun; however, canopy walk and cool breeze will make your walk less tiring.
Trip Cost Includes
- Food : During Stay and Snacks during Evening Refreshments only
- Travel : Tempo Traveler/SUV Similar Non/Ac/Bus
- Accommodation : Basic Multiple sharing or dormitory/Tent.
- Group Size : Group size 12 and Above.
Trip Cost Excludes
- Food : During journey
- Toll Charges : Nice Road
- Any Charges : Monuments etc,
Pickup points :
Team members are requested to select and book tickets. Reach respective points or places enroute. However, make use of Namma Metro for hassle free travel.Our event leaders will assist you all times for any assistance.