Chanshal, one of the less known sub ranges in Himachal Pradesh, acts as a natural barrier between the tribal region of Kinnaur and famous hill stations of Shimla. In the North of Chanshal Range lies Kinnaur, in East Garhwal Himalaya dominates the skyline, in the south of Chanshal lies the less known Pabbar valley. Pabbar valley is dotted with some of the highest passes of Shimla district for centuries these passes have been a gateway for shepherds of lower Shimla to more fertile higher meadows of Kinnaur.
- Scenic trek in Himachal region at an altitude of 15,000 ft.
- Trail is known for beautiful views of Panoramic views of Himalayan peaks flora fauna and apple orchards.
- Visit High altitude holy Chandranahan Lakes.
- Expereince the Kinnauri culture and know about the rich ancient tales of Indian Mythology.
- Base Camp : Janglik Village
- Duration : 6 Nights – 7 Days
- Buran Ghati Pass Altitude : 15000 ft
- Dayara Thatch Altitude : 11,100 ft
- Litham Altitude : All Year
- Dhunda Thatch Altitude: >13370 Feet
- Best Time : May June & September October
- Trek Distance : By Taxi 375 km & on foot 30 km.
- Janglik Village : Last Road Head 9200 Feet
- Trek Grade : Moderate (Subjective to Individual)
- Nearest Airport : Chandigarh
Why to choose?
Even though multiple trekking trails are available to choose from, it is essential to understand the very reason to opt for Buran Ghati Pass Trek is.
- The Altitude gain is 15.060 ft only and the trek distance of 22 km covered in 7 days.
- A moderate trek is recommended for Individuals with minimum fitness can do with gradual acclimatization and with no fear of Altitude sickness. The trail gives sublime Panoramic views with oak and pine tree forest fresh air.
- The mysterious high altitude lakes at Chandranathan lakes the source of Pabbar river, are feast to eyes.
- Popularly known as shepherd trail with rolling hills and grasslands.
- During winter, this valley transforms into wonderland and will be covered with white sheet of snow. In summers the valley transforms into different hues, with Kaleidoscope of colors, wildflowers and woods in different shades.
Trip Cost Includes
- Food : During Stay and Snacks during Evening Refreshments only
- Travel : Tempo Traveler/SUV Similar Non/Ac/Bus
- Accommodation : Basic Multiple sharing or dormitory/Tent.
- Group Size : Group size 12 and Above.
Trip Cost Excludes
- Any trip extensions, Stay due to road blocks or landslides, extra meals, Accommodation
What to Expect?
A trip graded as a Moderate takes you to high altitude regions - above 3000m / 10,0000 ft and will involve considerable altitude gain 800 ft - 1200ft over the course of the trek. Altitude will have an effect, hence one would need to be careful about Acclimatization. The guide will educate about acclimitization procdure.Moderate treks will have multiple days which involve considerable amount of ascents and descents and would require walking for more than 5 - 6 hours.
There might be a day or two of camping in relatively high altitudes above 4000m / 13,000ft. A typical trek will last around a week to ten days depending on the region and is fro those who have exposure to Himalayan treks, for people who have completed a beginner trek.
Good fitness levels are needed to enjoy these trips.Preparation of your body by doing some fitness actitivies before the trip would help. Prior trekking experience would be an added advantage.