One of the most exquisite passes that Himalayas has in store, is the magnificent Rupin Pass. It is a high-altitude pass located across the Himalayan mountain range in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Situated amidst a remote Himalayan valley, the pass offers classic attractions of breath-taking trails, densely populated conifer and oak forests, alpine meadows, traditional villages and spectacular mountain peaks. You will come face to face with the untouched beauty of some of the valleys in Garhwal and Kinnaur regions including the lovely Sangla valley. This trek will take you through the gorgeous Rupin Pass which is located at an altitude of 4625 meters with majestic views of Kinnaur Kailash range along with some other peaks.
- A Trans Himalayan trek passing from Gharwal to Kinnaur
- Witness Kinnauri and dodra kwar culture
- Most Popular must do trek in Himalayas
- Trekking trails in Panoramic landscape and valleys
- Start & End Point : Sangla
- Best time to visit : May - June and Aug - Sep
- Difficulty level : Moderate
- Duration : : 7 Nights - 8 Days
- Dhaula Campsite : 5100 feet
- Sewa Campsite : 6300 feet
- Trek Length : Approximately 65 kilometres
- Dhanteras Thatch : 11,700 feet
- Upper Waterfall Camp : 13,100 feet
- Rupin Pass : 4650 metre/ 15,300 feet
- Ronti Gad Campsite : 13,100 feet
- Jhaka Village : 7700 feet
Why to choose?
As a Himalayan lover it is necessary to understand the reason for choosing Rupin Pass Trek ..
- See firstly, the trekking distance is a total of by taxi 110 Km and on foot 65 km which is to be covered into 8 days. Dehradun to via Dhaula Sewa, Jakha to Sangla
- Rupin pass trek is a High-Altitude mountain trek Altitudes is 4650 Meters.
- Rupin pass is a trans Himalayan treks, which starts in Gharwal and ends in Kinnaur.
- The Starting trail is moderate as compare to other treks this is difficult trek. So, this trek is not for first timers.
- You got to see so many heavenly bodies at one place like the panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges, you can see pine forests, different variety of flora and fauna of different regions.
Trip Cost Includes
- Food : During Stay and Snacks during Evening Refreshments only
- Travel : Tempo Traveler/SUV Similar Non/Ac/Bus
- Accommodation : Basic Multiple sharing or dormitory/Tent.
- Group Size : Group size 12 and Above.
Trip Cost Excludes
- Any trip extensions, Stay due to road blocks or landslides, extra meals, Accommodation
What to Expect?
A trip graded as a Moderate takes you to high altitude regions - above 3000m / 10,0000 ft and will involve considerable altitude gain 800 ft - 1200ft over the course of the trek. Altitude will have an effect, hence one would need to be careful about Acclimatization. The guide will educate about acclimitization procdure.Moderate treks will have multiple days which involve considerable amount of ascents and descents and would require walking for more than 5 - 6 hours.
There might be a day or two of camping in relatively high altitudes above 4000m / 13,000ft. A typical trek will last around a week to ten days depending on the region and is fro those who have exposure to Himalayan treks, for people who have completed a beginner trek.
Good fitness levels are needed to enjoy these trips.Preparation of your body by doing some fitness actitivies before the trip would help. Prior trekking experience would be an added advantage.