If there was one thing that could summon all the excitement of trekking in Garhwal Himalaya in Uttarakhand, it would be, without any second thought, Kagbhusandi Tal. Perched among the high rising giants of Western Himalayas, Kagbhusandi Tal is nothing short of fairyland. Located at the base of magnificent Hathi Parvat, at an astounding elevation of 4,730 meter, The lake is one of the highest alpine lakes of Garhwal Himalayas. Encircled by a wild profusion of colorful flowers, the lake is surrounded by barren mounds in the lap of myriad snowclad peaks. The spellbinding journey to Kagbhusandi Tal put forth the magical views of Neelkanth, Chaukhamba and Nar-Narayan peak.
- Crossing 2 Passes Kankun Khal and Farswan Pass.
- Visiting High Altitude Kagbhusandi Tal lake
- Trekking distance is about 65 km.
- View of prominent peaks of Garhwal such a Brigupanth, Thalay Sagar and Chaukhamba massif
- Best time to visit : May - June , Sep and Oct
- Overall Trek distance : 65 kilometres
- Difficulty level : Moderate to Hard(It is Subjective)
- Duration : 09 days
- Vishnu Prayag Altitude : 2450 m
- Kagbushandi Tal Altitude : 5230 m
- Samartoli Altitude : 3170 m
- Raj Karak Altitude : 3900 m
- Brahmi Khal Altitude : 4900 m
- Kan Kul Khal Altitude : 5200 m
Why to choose?
Even though multiple trekking trails are available to choose from, it is essential to understand the very reason to opt for Kagbhusandi Tal is..
- The Altitude gain is 5230 m high, the distance of 62 km covered in 7 day.
- It is one of the high altitude lakes of Uttarkhand, a tough trek, and an individual with fitness can do with gradual acclimatization and with no fear of Altitude sickness. The trail is scenic with forest cover, fresh air and Perennial water all along the trail.
- It has much more to offer than hiking, like interaction with locals, Variety of flora and fauna, rich heritage, High altitude lake, close view of Hathi Parvat , Chaukamba , Neelkanth and other peaks.
Trip Cost Includes
- Food : During Stay and Snacks during Evening Refreshments only
- Travel : Tempo Traveler/SUV Similar Non/Ac/Bus
- Accommodation : Basic Multiple sharing or dormitory/Tent.
- Group Size : Group size 12 and Above.
Trip Cost Excludes
- Any trip extensions, Stay due to road blocks or landslides, extra meals, Accommodation
What to Expect?
A trip graded as a Moderate takes you to high altitude regions - above 3000m / 10,0000 ft and will involve considerable altitude gain 800 ft - 1200ft over the course of the trek. Altitude will have an effect, hence one would need to be careful about Acclimatization. The guide will educate about acclimitization procdure.Moderate treks will have multiple days which involve considerable amount of ascents and descents and would require walking for more than 5 - 6 hours.
There might be a day or two of camping in relatively high altitudes above 4000m / 13,000ft. A typical trek will last around a week to ten days depending on the region and is fro those who have exposure to Himalayan treks, for people who have completed a beginner trek.
Good fitness levels are needed to enjoy these trips.Preparation of your body by doing some fitness actitivies before the trip would help. Prior trekking experience would be an added advantage.