If we ever get asked to define God, with all our experience and understanding, we can just say, God is nothing but our faith in something. This is very true in the case of Maldaru Tal too, the lake is worshipped as a goddess in the remote villages of the Western Garhwal Himalayas because of their faith in it.
- Walking through some quaint Himalayan villages and camping at Vishkopri and Raashi Apline meadows,
- Grand views of Swargarohini, Black peak and Banderpoonch from close quarters.
- Challenging ridges and mindblowing scenery
- Lake of faith with untold stories to say
- Base camp : Sankri
- Duration : 7 Nights 8 Days
- Summer Temperature : Day 5°C to 15°C / Night 2° C to 5° C
- Max Altitude : 4200 Meters
- Best Time : May, June, September, October, November
- Trek Level : Moderate
- Trek distance : On foot 64 Km – By taxi 425 km
Why to choose?
As a Himalayan lover it is necessary to understand the reason for choosing Maldaru Lake Trek..
- It is one of High-altitude crystal clear lake of Uttarakhand Himalaya of Harkidhun Valley, situated at an altitude of 4500m known as lake of faith.
- Total trekking distance of 46 km from Taluka is covered in 7 days.
- The trail is moderate with Alpine meadows and Moraine, exotic flora - fauna, and good for beginners too.
- You get to see a few prominent peaks such as Mt. Swargarohini Mt. Kalanag and Mt. Banderpoonch.
- Acclimatization and height gain to suit everyone's requirement, campsites at strategic locations and in suitable weather conditions.
Trip Cost Includes
- Food : During Stay and Snacks during Evening Refreshments only
- Travel : Tempo Traveler/SUV Similar Non/Ac/Bus
- Accommodation : Basic Multiple sharing or dormitory/Tent.
- Group Size : Group size 12 and Above.
Trip Cost Excludes
- Any trip extensions, Stay due to road blocks or landslides, extra meals, Accommodation
What to Expect?
A trip graded as a Moderate takes you to high altitude regions - above 3000m / 10,0000 ft and will involve considerable altitude gain 800 ft - 1200ft over the course of the trek. Altitude will have an effect, hence one would need to be careful about Acclimatization. The guide will educate about acclimitization procdure.Moderate treks will have multiple days which involve considerable amount of ascents and descents and would require walking for more than 5 - 6 hours.
There might be a day or two of camping in relatively high altitudes above 4000m / 13,000ft. A typical trek will last around a week to ten days depending on the region and is fro those who have exposure to Himalayan treks, for people who have completed a beginner trek.
Good fitness levels are needed to enjoy these trips.Preparation of your body by doing some fitness actitivies before the trip would help. Prior trekking experience would be an added advantage.