Netravati Peak is a 1520-metre-high peak is sandwiched between Belthangadi Taluk of Dakshina Kannada and Chikmagalur District of Karnataka. It is a part of the Western Ghat range which has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site due to its biodiversity. While it is close to some other famous peaks such as the Kudremukh, this trek remains comparatively lesser-known. A less known trekking trail in Chikmagalur.
- Hike to one of the most untouched peaks in South India.
- Experience the lush shola forests of the western ghats
- Soak in the greenery of tea and coffee gardens of Chikmagalur .
- Go rafting in the river Bhadra ( Season : June to December ).
- Grade of Trek : Moderate. Previous trek experience will be helpful and an added advantage. Difficulty of trek is subjective.
- Altitude : 4987 Feet ASL
- Trail Type : Canopy walk in evergreen rainforest and grasslands.
- Location : Netravati peak is situated on the fringes of Kudremukh National park in Belthangadi taluk of Dakshina Kannada district and Chikmagalur district in the lap of western ghats of Karnataka. Samse is 350 km from Bangalore.
- Trek Type : Weekend Trek in Western Ghats
Seasons & Best time to visit
- Monsoon - June to August : The best time to visit Netravati or any other peaks in the Western Ghats is during the monsoon season. Monsoon treks get challenging and exhilarating. The whole forests and mountain ranges just flourish with greenery with leeches for your company and you get to witness the beautiful misty landscapes.
- Post Monsoon - September to January: The skies can be covered with mist with play of passing clouds and can be clear with bright sunlight. Nights getting cold.
- Pre-Monsoon: The skies will be clear with hot sun; however, canopy walk and cool breeze will make your walk less tiring.
Trip Cost Includes
- Food : During Stay and Snacks during Evening Refreshments only
- Travel : Tempo Traveler/SUV Similar Non/Ac/Bus
- Accommodation : Basic Multiple sharing or dormitory/Tent.
- Group Size : Group size 12 and Above.
Trip Cost Excludes
- Food : During journey
- Toll Charges : Nice Road
- Any Charges :Waterfalls etc,
Pickup points :
Team members are requested to select and book tickets. Reach respective points or places enroute. However, make use of Namma Metro for hassle free travel.Our event leaders will assist you all times for any assistance.