Between the 2 coveted Pilgrimage sites, their exists a vast stretch of land over the mountains steeped in deep legends that is mythical and still worth a exploration. This is a High-altitude pass located at an altitude of 5260 m/17260 feet and is considered as one of the daring treks till today. Being one of least traversed in entire Gharwal Himalaya, this expedition type trek is suitable for experienced trekkers and passionate mountain climbers. A mythological story revolves around and story has it that a Priest used to perform pooja rituals in both the temples on the same day using this route.
- Panpatia is one of the challenging High-altitude Treks in Gharwal Himalaya
- Panpatia col connects 2 shrines Badrinath and Kedarnath enroute Madhyamaheshwar
- View of Himalayan peaks Neelkanth, Nandadevi, Parvati and Chaukamba Massif, from close quarters
- Experience of a lifetime
- Start & End : Dehradun
- Difficulty level : Difficult (Strictly for Expereince trekkers only)
- Duration : 14 days
- Neelkanth col : 4650 m
- Kachni Khal : 4115 m
- Panpatia Col : 5260 m
- Best time to visit : Pre monsoon May – June / Post Monsoon Sep – October
- Trek Length : 80 Kms
- Start & End : Dehradun
- Highest point : 5260 m / 17260 feet Panpatia col
- Weather : Days will be sunny / clouded / Windy / Snowing & Nights will be chilling and may rain.
- Satopanth Tal Altitude : 14,455 ft
Why to choose?
As a Himalayan lover it is necessary to understand the reason for choosing Panpatia Trek.
- It is one of less traversed Challenging High-altitude Expedition Type Trek in Uttarakhand Himalaya, Situated at an altitude of 5260 m.
- Total trekking distance of 110 kms from Badrinath to Madhyamaheshwar is covered in 12 days.
- The trail which giving an adrenaline experience of Climbing, crossing glaciers, rappelling and exposure of camping at High altitude
- You get to see a few prominent peaks such as Mt. Chaukhamba, Mt. Parvati, Mt. Neelkanth, Hathi Parvat and Nandadevi peak.
Trip Cost Includes
- Food : During Stay and Snacks during Evening Refreshments only
- Travel : Tempo Traveler/SUV Similar Non/Ac/Bus
- Accommodation : Basic Multiple sharing or dormitory/Tent.
- Group Size : Group size 12 and Above.
Trip Cost Excludes
- Expenses of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, alcohol, cigarettes, insurance, tips for guides, cooks & porters.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control.
- Personal Porter to carry your Rucksack during the trek can be arranged at extra cost.
What to Expect?
On a Strenuous or Technical the average day could involve more than 7- 5 hrs of walking. These trips might cover difficult and glaciated terrain where use of ropes and technical mountaineering equipment like crampons, harness, carabiners, descenders etc could come into action. On these trips one is required to stay at high altitudes for lengthy periods of time and hence acclimatization is always a big concern. These treks can also throw a bit of surprise largely because of unpredictable nature of the terrain and the snow/ ice conditions in the high mountains, Landslides and hence we always have a Reserve day of two planned accordingly.
These trips would last more than two weeks and go to wild, remote places completely cut off from civilization. Trekking peaks also come under the same category as the level of technicality required to climb a trekking peak also fall in same category.